cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Router + Linksys RV082 VPN tunnel

junshah22
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make site to site vpn from my Linksys Rv082 VPN router to Cisco 2811 Router,

Please advise any proper document,

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I assume that you want to set up an IPsec tunnel. Please note that the IPsec is a large topic and there are many ways to configure a single task, and of course, a single guide cannot cover all possibilities but as a starter I suggest reading this example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_configuration_example09186a008073e078.shtml

Best regards,

Peter

Hello,

I try several configuration to make a "correct" Site-to-site VPN between a RV082 (Firmware 2.0.0.19) and a Cisco 2811 (firmware advsecurity 12.4(15)T9 - using SDM interface)

A each time the VPN work correctly.... during few minutes and after it was impossible to ping (for example) anything... But the VPN statuts still connected !!!

If anyone know where I can find a tutorial, it 'll very helpfull for me...

Best regards

Nicolas

Add :

When the "tunnel breack" :

From the RV082 LAN : I can't do nothing (no ping, and anything else) and when I try a traceroute, it take a wrong way (hope to the internet instead of vpn...). Of course I can't ping the 2811 Lan interface...

From the 2811 LAN : I can only ping the RV082 Lan interface (192.168.0.1) and can't ping any other LAN machine

BUT I still access to them (Web interface, Display remote (like VSM or Dameware) !!! it's very strange !

If I restart the VPN (from the RV082) all return good... during 3-4 minutes...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card