cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Router support for Channelized E1

jamesnyapuodi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install a VWIC 1MFT E1 card in a Cisco 2811 Router . The problem is that I can only get a max of two channel groups while I need all the available groups(even 30). Any suggestions someone?

5 Replies 5

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Though i have not worked with MFTE1 card in 2800 platform, it Sounds very strange.

Can you let us know what the IOS version that you are using?

Can you provide the controller configuration that you have tried?

Are you getting any error message when you configure a new channel group?If so can you post the error message also here for us?

-VJ

This is a limitation of the multiflex cards.

Unfortuantly they bury the statement in a document that discusses all the different models of these cards.

You are only allowed to have 2 channel groups per card and this includes the cards that have 2 physical ports. If you put 2 channel groups on one of the ports you cannot put any on the other one.

Hi TDRAIS,

Thanks for your response.

I seem to have one other puzzle:- This same type of card is already working for me very well but in a 3825 Router whereby I can access all the channel groups!

Any further insights??

Hi VJ

Thanks for your response.

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPBASE-M), Version 12.3(8)T8, RELEASE

SOFTWARE (fc1)

ERROR MESSAGE:

%Channel-groups per port limit exceeded

%Insufficient resources to create channel group

Hope this will do , thanks

JN

edwardwaithaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Nyapuodi,

Have a look at the following. It seems it is a bug that is in the 2800 series router. I hope it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCef66226&cco_product=IOS&fset=2800+Component&swver=12.3&keyw=channel%20group&target=8&train=T8

You will need to upgrade to "IOS 2.3(11.4)T"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card