Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 does not align to 19" rack

knotz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

this is my first post as I'm totally unfmailiar to Cisco and only user Dell switches until now. Well I bought some brand new 2960s but when I tried to bolt on the rack mount kit I noticed that the mount does not perfectly fit for the switch. Actually the switch would overlap the rack by 2cm if I installed it the way it is now.

Do you have any idea what I'm missing here? I have installed dozends of switches, routers and other 19" hardware and it always fitted perfectly für my rack.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regads

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

If you mean to say that the switch front plate does not align flush with the front plane of the rack but "sticks out" about 2cm to the front then that is normal. 2960 are manufactured that way.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

If you mean to say that the switch front plate does not align flush with the front plane of the rack but "sticks out" about 2cm to the front then that is normal. 2960 are manufactured that way.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes that was exactly what I meant to say. I'm sorry to hear that because this way of mounting will reduce the space for cabeling a lot.

However thanks for your reply. It helped me to overcome my confusion. :-)

Best regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco