Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3000

Hello. I am a CCNA student and I have a few questions.

I just bought a Cisco 3000. The guy I bought it from said it was a "Router". What can you tell me about this thing? What can I do with it? I saw some info on the net regarding VPNs but I'm not sure thats what I have. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 3000

There are two products with the same number. Cisco 3000 router which is end of life, which means Cisco dont make this router any more. and the other is Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator. This device is still available in the market and still manufactured by Cisco. This is a VPN aggregation device. Go through this link and see if it is indeed the Cisco 3000 router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps270/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00802ecd14.html

Hi

Can u tell the exact product number?

Regards

JD

Thanks for the replies. From the link, it appears to be a 3102 router. Is this even worth keeping?

Hi

You got a router with one serial amnd one ethernet.Now it depends for what you have purchased that one.

(1)If you are at a branch of your office then you may connect it to the head office using lease-line etc.

(2)If you have bought it for your personal usage, then you may try a bit of CCNA skills on it.

Please tell us what application was in ur mind when u had bought it,then we may be able to help you.

Regards

JD

I bought it mostly to use as a study tool for CCNA.

Hi

If thats the case, then u have made a wrong choice bcoz you should have brought a router with 2 serial interfaces, at least.

Anyway try Router Simulater on www.boson.com which is also a good tool.

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies