cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560G image that supports crypto?

bobdchambers
Level 1
Level 1

We have around 20-25 3560G's (WS-C3560G-24TS-S V03) that currently do not support crypto. I'm looking for a way to get a more current image that does. Do I need to purchase one or does cisco offer older images that have this feature for free? 

6 Replies 6

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

Do a "show ver" and post the results here...

The lastest IOS: c3560-ipbasek9-tar.150-2.SE5.tar or c3560-ipservicesk9-tar.150-2.SE5.tar should have crypto capability.

The IP Base image is free, the IP Services image requires a support contract.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279486441&release=15.0.2-SE5&relind=AVAILABLE&softwareid=280805680&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

This is what we have at the moment.

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin

Yeah, ok.

The "K9" in the image name means crypto so you are missing it.

Since you have the IP Base image, the upgrade is free.

Just go to that link I posted and login using your free Cisco account and you can download the IP Base image.

I don't see a K9 in my post. Where do you see it?

I'll grab the IP base image. Thanks for the help!

"The "K9" in the image name means crypto so you are missing it."

You don't have K9 in your current image, that's why you are missing crypto.

The image I linked to will have crypto.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Obtaining a "more current" image normally requires a service contract (or a new license) for it.  (I recall the original 3560/3750 has a lifetime (free upgrade) software license, but I also recall Cisco may have changed that.)

Believe usual licensing allows for using cyrpto for same (or earlier) version and same feature set (look for k9 in image name).  Obtaining it, however, usually requires active service contract to download software although I believe you can contact Cisco for special download authorization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco