Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3640 ???

jargalsaikhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello technical expert,

I have Cisco 3640 router that have 16MB flash memory and 48MB DRAM memory. I want to install a NM-ESW-16 16 ports network module in my router. I used Software Advisor of CISCO web site and that told me minimum Software Image c3640-i-mz.123-23, Minimum DRAM 50, Minimum Flash6 16. My router?s DRAM is smeller than requirement. But I copied 12.3-23 IOS and my router boots it without any problems. But there is not my 16 ports nm in show run command result.

Why I can?t see my 16 ports? Is it from DRAM ?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you post the output show version here ?

regds

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

When you interrogated the Software Advisor, did you tell it that you had an ENM-SW-16 in the chassis? I am kind of surprised that the -i- image supports it, but I may be wrong there. It would be well to double-check though.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

michaelchoo
Level 1
Level 1

According to the EtherSwitch module data sheet, the minimum IOS level for 3620 and 3640 was 12.2(8)T, so your IOS *should* be fine.

This may sound like a stupid question, but since it happened to me before.... Are you sure that the NM is plugged in properly to the NM slot?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: