cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3745 T1 modules

mcarman55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need to network 4 remote sites to a central location and I have decided to go with the Cisco 3745. My problem is that I will have 4 T1 connections coming in and I am not sure which modules I will need in the router. I know that this router has 3 integrated wic slots but I need to support 4 T1 connections with 1 additional ISDN connection. Can someone suggest the proper hardware configuration for this router? Or is there a better platform to use besides the 3745? Please provide part numbers if possible (ex: WIC-1DSU-T1) Thanks for any information.

3 Replies 3

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

I would recommend the 3845 over the 3745, alot more features out of the box and especially if you purchase the Advanced Security package you can do ALOT of things (FW, IPS, VPN, etc). I would go with the VWIC-MFT2-T1 (quantity of 2) - these modules will give you 2 T1 ports in one VWIC. I currently have a 3845 with 3 of these installed and it runs very sweet. I'm not sure what you are planning on doing with ISDN so its hard to make a recommendation (PRI/BRI).

Thanks for the reply, I already have the information on the ISDN wic, it pops into one of the integrated wic slots, I just need a good T1 solution. I tried a search on the VWIC-MFT2-T1 module you suggested but came up empty. Is this the correct part number? Cisco and google turn up no search results.

vwic-2mft-t1 and not the vwic-mft2-t1

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card