Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 DS3 Question

Jkloza_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Just a quick question relating to 3845 routers.  I could swear at one point I found a datasheet that stated one 3845 will support two full-rate DS3 connections, but I can't seem to find the datasheet anymore.

I'm just trying to make sure that this is true, I've got one point to point DS3 line that is currently running, and we're planning adding a 2nd from a different site of ours.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jonathan Kloza

CACI Technologies

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Then either the data sheet, or the product should be rectified. You cannot have one thing said one side, and another happening the other.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The data sheets so states:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps4909/product_data_sheet09186a008010fba2_ps282_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking the stars below.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jonathan,

I remember a thread here in the forum where a colleague saw that if he tried to add a third NM DS3 on the router it was put in shut down and could not be used. This was confirmed also by other people.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Then either the data sheet, or the product should be rectified. You cannot have one thing said one side, and another happening the other.

Hello Paolo,

I don't see any mismatch with datasheet:

support of only two DS3 full rate is declared and I was describing a scenario where someone was trying to add a third one.

Cisco 3845

Full-rate T3/E3 with concurrent services

12.3(8)T

I've tried to provide additional info

Hope to  help

Giuseppe

Sorry, I didn't read correctly your message!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card