cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 Router for internet

manojdubey02
Level 1
Level 1

I am having Cisco 3845 router with WIC-1T Interface for internet lease line. I want to upgrade the lease 2 Mbps. Can you suggest me whether I can get utilize the complete BW (2 Mbps)....

I want to know also what is the max BW can support by 3845 router....if i want to upgarde 8 Mbps, WIC-1T can supports. ( if not then please suggest me how we can do it ?)

Regards,

Manoj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WIC-1T support 2Mbps.

to have your circuit upgraded to 8Mbps you could combine 4 E1 ciruits terminated on multiple WIC cards or NM-4T and use MPPP else go for a ethernet circuit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A 3845 will easily handle 2 or 8 Mbps. It handles a T-3 interface, at full speed with service feature enabled, quite nicely. It should also be able to drive 100 Mbps at full usage.

Your upgrade options are multiple T1 interfaces, which might be bonded with MPPP or ATM IMA, T-3, ATM OC3, or Ethernet, etc. Available modules can be see here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

Its means WIC-1T will not support 2Mbps lease line speed ?

so its require to upgrade the WIC card ?

WIC-1T support 2Mbps.

to have your circuit upgraded to 8Mbps you could combine 4 E1 ciruits terminated on multiple WIC cards or NM-4T and use MPPP else go for a ethernet circuit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: