cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3845 WAN speed ?

superlubis
Level 1
Level 1

i have cisco 3845 with 1 GB SFP, my company using fiber as backbone to isp, i have new internet connection 310 Mbps, does that enough ?

does that for port only for LAN or also for WAN ?

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The 3945E is rated at 502.78 Mbps and this value is expressed in HALF DUPLEX.

In table 1 of the attachment, that's the rating for the non-E version, i.e. 982 Kpps (502.78 Mbps).

The E version is rated at 2,924 Kpps, compared to the G2's 2,000 Kpps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With CEF enabled, the 3845 can push up to 256 Mbps of HALF DUPLEX and UN-ENCRYPTED traffic.

So it's not enough.

If you want to push 310 Mbps full duplex traffic then you'd be looking at a 7200 with NPE G2.

You can also use the 3945E for this purpose

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

You can also use the 3945E for this purpose

I doubt a 3945E will suffice.

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

In table 1 of the attachment, that's the rating for the non-E version, i.e. 982 Kpps (502.78 Mbps).

In that case, my apologies to "claudm".

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

i have cisco 3845 with 1 GB SFP, my company using fiber as backbone to isp, i have new internet connection 310 Mbps, does that enough ?

Depends on how "busy" your expect the link to be and what services you plan to configure.  In general, a 3845 is unable to fully drive 310 Mbps.

For 310 Mbps, you might get by with a 2951, but you'll likely do better with a 39xx or 72xx/73xx with a G1/G2/NSE.

If it's likely you might further increase your bandwidth, look to the high side of the 39xx or 72xx/73xx series, or look at a ASR 1xxx.

does that for port only for LAN or also for WAN ?

You can use if for any purpose.  The SFP, though, allows a fiber Ethernet connection.

Thx , i understand now......

claudm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest to Mark the question "Answered" as well as rate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco