Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 4503

Hi,

first I explain my scenario . our core switch is(4503). we have two firewall(ASA 5510) and with two different isp connection  .

firewall-1 = A

firewall-2 = B

in core switch default route is to firewall -1 =A. some of the traffic like specific destination external ip only we forwarded to firewall-2=B. now I want to know how to forward one specific host(internal) traffic forward to any destination via firewall-2=B. I think I can do via route map. could you please suggest me with sample .

3 Replies 3

jon200689
Level 1
Level 1

Try this, it will depend on whether or not you are running the correct IOS and if you have enterprise services enabled.

enable

configure terminal

ip access-list standard 99

permit host (insert ip of specific host)

exit

Route-Map Test

match ip address 99

set ip next-hop (insert ip of next hop firewall)

exit

ip local policy route-map Test

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/25ew/configuration/guide/conf/pbroute.html

One thing to note on this configuration is that egress traffic for this device will leave out of the respective firewall, but ingress will come in with all the rest of the traffic.

Hi ,

thanks for your Reply. im not able to use this command (red color font ). ip local policy or ip policy.

Note : my ios is cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SG2.bin. I need to upgrade firmware. if it is which one.

it looks like that image only has IP Base which does not support Policy Based Routing. In order to enable that feature you will need Enterprise Services.

"The IP Base image does not support enhanced routing features such as NSF/SSO, BGP, EIGRP, EIGRPv6, OSPF, OSPFv3, IS-IS, Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX), AppleTalk, VRF-lite, and Policy-Based Routing (PBR). "

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_5184.html#pgfId-1485166

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card