Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6506 Boot Issue

siddharth.suku
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community!

I have an issue with Cat6506 with Supervisor Engine 32 not booting to rommon.Please check the attachment for log where there is no responce after RP image is booted from RP DRAM

00:00:07: %OIR-SP-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor

System Bo otstrap, Version 12.2(18r)SX8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Sup port: ht tp:/ /w w w.cisco.com/techsup port
Copyright (c) 20 07 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Cat6k-MSFC32 platform with 1048576 Kbytes of main memory

Download Start

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Download Completed! Booting the image.

Self decompressing the image : #################################################################################################################################################################################################### [OK]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>en>>>>>

Any suggestions is appreciated

Cheers,

Siddharth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Route processor isn't booting properly.  The IOS may have been corrupted.  You'll need to download the IOS from Cisco and load it into the CF and tell the Sup card to boot from the CF.

Also, that's a very ancient version of IOS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Route processor isn't booting properly.  The IOS may have been corrupted.  You'll need to download the IOS from Cisco and load it into the CF and tell the Sup card to boot from the CF.

Also, that's a very ancient version of IOS.

Hi Leolaohoo!

Thankyou for your valuable suggestion. I shall be doing the activity over the weekend and update the results. Could you suggest the best IOS options to use as this is placed as core  switch between the SAN and WAN Edge Network with mostly L2  functionality.

Regards

Siddharth.

Could you suggest the best IOS options to use as this is placed as core  switch between the SAN and WAN Edge Network with mostly L2  functionality.

Hooooooooooooooo boy!  I'm am not going to get dragged into that one.  Unfortunately, I will not suggest to you what IOS version you should be using because I don't want to held accountable/responsible in case the version does not suit your need.  My recommendation is to pick a version of your choice and go through the Release Notes to know and understand what potential pitfalls you could be facing.

Hi Leolaohoo!

Shall check through the IOS releases notes for the same and keep you updated.Thanks

Regards,

Siddharth.

Hi Leolaohoo!

Sorry that I couldnt reply earlier . All went well after xmodem loading the new IOS  on to the switch .Thanks a lot for the advise

Regards,

Siddharth

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card