Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6880-X-LE issues

Sohail Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I have to deploy 2 x Cisco 6880-X-LE switches with C6880-X-LE-16P10G modules. I have to use GLC-LH-SMD and GLC-T to uplink my Access Switches. I have powered up my boxes and plugged in the SFPs, but the switches are showing only TenGigabitEthernet interfaces. Also, the show inventory command show only few of the GLC-LH-SMD SFPs not the GLC-T. What is wrong with it? Although it is mentioned in the Data Sheet that Cisco 6880-X-LE supports both 1G/10G SFPs without any manual configuration.

Looking forward for an expert view.

Regards, Sohail

3 Replies 3

rpatnaik_slf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sohail,

I am using GLC-T in my lab and am experiencing the same issues in which they do not appear when you perform show inventory.  What happens when you do show interface ten x/y/z?  You should see the media as 10/100/1000 Base T.  This seems to be a problem across all 15.1(2) SY code lines.  My lab is running SY4 and sometimes after a reboot or an interface flap my port shows up as 10Gb even when I have the GLC-T as the optic.

Thus far, I haven't gotten a clear indication from Cisco TAC on what the resolution will be.

Hi,

As per Cisco TAC, it was pure cosmetic bug which will not impact the performance. Since I have left my previous company, so I don't have any further update on this. May be Cisco will resolve this issue in their future releases.

Regards, Sohail

Mark Potter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having this problem on 15.2(1)SY0a, no IA interfaces show up in 'show inventory'.

Did anyone else solve this or is it still a bug?

6880-X with IA attached on 10Gbase-SR interfaces. (all gear is cisco not 3rd party)

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco