Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6880-X-LE issues

Sohail Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I have to deploy 2 x Cisco 6880-X-LE switches with C6880-X-LE-16P10G modules. I have to use GLC-LH-SMD and GLC-T to uplink my Access Switches. I have powered up my boxes and plugged in the SFPs, but the switches are showing only TenGigabitEthernet interfaces. Also, the show inventory command show only few of the GLC-LH-SMD SFPs not the GLC-T. What is wrong with it? Although it is mentioned in the Data Sheet that Cisco 6880-X-LE supports both 1G/10G SFPs without any manual configuration.

Looking forward for an expert view.

Regards, Sohail

3 Replies 3

rpatnaik_slf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sohail,

I am using GLC-T in my lab and am experiencing the same issues in which they do not appear when you perform show inventory.  What happens when you do show interface ten x/y/z?  You should see the media as 10/100/1000 Base T.  This seems to be a problem across all 15.1(2) SY code lines.  My lab is running SY4 and sometimes after a reboot or an interface flap my port shows up as 10Gb even when I have the GLC-T as the optic.

Thus far, I haven't gotten a clear indication from Cisco TAC on what the resolution will be.

Hi,

As per Cisco TAC, it was pure cosmetic bug which will not impact the performance. Since I have left my previous company, so I don't have any further update on this. May be Cisco will resolve this issue in their future releases.

Regards, Sohail

Mark Potter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having this problem on 15.2(1)SY0a, no IA interfaces show up in 'show inventory'.

Did anyone else solve this or is it still a bug?

6880-X with IA attached on 10Gbase-SR interfaces. (all gear is cisco not 3rd party)

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card