cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7206 vxr pppoe protocol problem (urgent help)

ozgurozulku
Level 1
Level 1

hi.. we re trying to distribute 100mb internet as a small kind of ISP with using cisco 7206vxr and ibm server to manage accounts.. users use pppoe connection to log on.. but after five users system does not accept new connections and giving error 733 (about protocols). Does any1 have an idea about that??

4 Replies 4

rwagner
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO-VPDN-MGMT-MIB::cvpdnSessionTotal?

Please confirm that you have no pppoa connections.

{edit} which release version are you using?

ozgurozulku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryan..

Thanks for ur interest first..

We are using PPP over ethernet.. so not pppoa..  I dont have enough knowledge about this.. I hope u understand what i m trying to mean.. we re taking ethernet from cisco router to cisco catalyst switches.. Just few users can authenticating on system.. then it gives error 733: Your computer and the remove computer could not agree on PPP control protocols or the connection attempt failed because your computer and the remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocol.. What can be the reason causing this?

Hello Ozgur,

can you post the C7200 configuration part of the PPPoE service

Can you verify if the Radius server is not running any demo license?

5 users is a too small number to think of limitations on the router unless a pppoe session limit is configured

Hope to help

Giuseppe

You can run pppoe and pppoa on the same device.  Since you do not have pppoa running then we can safely assume that there is no user striction coming from the cisco.

As giuslar said I would check to make sure the limit is not coming from any authentication, like a radius server.

I have only seen the 733 error when users are maxed out on sessions and not allowed to bind or when they are not actually using the correct protocols/setup.  So the next place to check is the connecting devices and make sure that they are infact using the correct protocol, but if you can combine the same 10 devices in any random order up to 5 then it is safe to focus on a limit from the authentication service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: