Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7600

vtrindade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

anybody knows the diference between Cisco 7600 Series / Catalyst 6500 Series FlexWAN Module and Cisco 7600 Series / Catalyst 6500 Series Enhanced FlexWAN Module?

I already saw the especifications of them, but I can't take any conclusion. Please, help me to choice the best..

Thank you,

Regards.

9 Replies 9

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

The difference is in the CPU and memory on the card. The enhanced flexwan has a lot more power, so it is able to handle more traffic with features like QoS configured.

I'd avoid the 1st generation flexwan, as it has had problems with QoS, and silent reloads. Also, support for the regular flexwan has been pulled in the 12.2SRA releases.

The enhanced flexwan is still a little old. It has since been replaced by the 7600-SIP-200, which is even quicker, and will be supported years after the flexwan.

Enhanced flexwan module uses a more powerful CPU, more memory capacity, supports switch fabric connectivity and has twice the data forwarding performance of flexwan module. If performance is the factor in making the decision then go for the Enhanced flexwan module.

HTH

Sundar

In reality, I have one Cisco 7206 VXR with one NPE-G1 (3 10/100/100 eth

interface, 1GB RAM and 1Mpps), two PA-POS-OC3SMI and two PA-A3-OC3SMI.

Today, we are using one 1000 eth interface of NPE-G1 and the PAs listed

above.

We are wanting to buy a new Cisco 7603 and I have same doubts:

1 - What cards can I use on 7603, for the router works well?

2 - How can I reuse my old PA's on 7603?

3 - Are you suggest any more else?

Could you help me?

Thank you .

Regards.

Hi all,

I have a customer that would like use a module NPE-G1 with module PA-POS-OC3SMI.

If I understood that discussion,theses modules(NPE-G1 e PA-POS-OC3SMI)are totally compatibles for router Cisco7206VXR.

It is true?

Thanks,

Jose

In reality, I have one Cisco 7206 VXR with one NPE-G1 (3 10/100/100 eth

interface, 1GB RAM and 1Mpps), two PA-POS-OC3SMI and two PA-A3-OC3SMI.

Today, we are using one 1000 eth interface of NPE-G1 and the PAs listed

above.

We are wanting to buy a new Cisco 7603 and I have same doubts:

1 - What cards can I use on 7603, for the router works well?

2 - How can I reuse my old PA's on 7603?

3 - Are you suggest any more else?

Could you help me?

Thank you .

Regards.

Anyone can help me?

Yes, both of those PA's are compatible with both Flexwans. Since they're both high-speed, make sure you get the enhanced flexwan.

ok! The problem with the flexwan was solved. Now I want to switch my cisco 7200 with those cards for one new Cisco 7603, and my boss told me to prepare all things that he should buy for it. All I know is necessary to buy a chassi, but only this. Maybe you can help me to choice the best cards I should use.

What cards do you recommend me?

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards.

The Enhanced Flexwan will be all you need for those PA's, and all of the SUP's for the 7603 will have GiGE interfaces.

You can pick which SUP you want from the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_data_sheet09186a0080159856.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card