cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 827 NAT + Access server inside problem

smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about a NAT translation to a server in the inside network.

This command is added to de configuration:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.50 3389 interface BVI1 3389

Is does not work to connect from the internet to de server on 3389 (RDP). I Have no accesslist on the interface`s.

If i use: sh ip nat translation then i see that inside global is natted to inside local 10.0.0.50:3389

I hope that somebody can helping or can tell my how to debug this problem.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

AFAIK its better to have and static ip on the bvi interface which can be then mapped to the inside address.

I don't think at present you will be able to do RDP without checking out the ip address recieved out on the bvi interface.

If you can get a static ip address assigned to DVI then you can redo the mapping accordingly.

regds

If i make a configuration with a static ip-address then i can not ping the gateway of my ISP. With DHCP works everything correct. Is there some reason why static ip don`t work?

smartnet
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the answher. You can use dynamic ip-adres with NAT translation. I do wrong check. If i check is everything work of the inside network (Does work). If i make a vpn en check the static nat from extern it work fine. Thanks for the tips maby i can use in the feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card