cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837 IOS update query. Novice at large.

darragh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Can anyone tell me what image I can safely update my Cisco 837 with? It is currently running c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.122-13.ZH.bin. I am having issues with my ISP and they are refusing to talk to me unless I have the latest image. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darragh,

Can you post the

show ver

output ?

There are some memory requirements for different IOS. The T version I suggested requires 64MB Flash.

The IOS you just posted only requires 32MB Flash since it's not running the 'PLUS' option.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting, you are currently running an image designed for the 1700 :)

According to software advisor, you should install c837-k9o3sy6-mz.12.4-9.T1 for your 837 Cisco.

____

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks

Sorry. Dialed into my 1700 doing something else. The image on the 837 is c837-k9o3y6-mz.123-2.XC.bin.

That is great. Thanks. Just to clarify. If I install that image do I still have access to all of the features that we currently have. What I want to know is, does one image contain enhanced features that another doesn't?

Issue resolved.

Darragh,

Can you post the

show ver

output ?

There are some memory requirements for different IOS. The T version I suggested requires 64MB Flash.

The IOS you just posted only requires 32MB Flash since it's not running the 'PLUS' option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card