Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 837 won't connect to ADSL

I have a 837 it was running k9o3y6 123-14.T2 this did connect ok thru the ATM interface, but started getting continual tracebacks, so up graded to 123-14.T5 but now cannot get a connection, the atm interface is down and down, The ADSL RXD and TXD are continually flashing when no ADSL is connected, when i connect the ADSl line the ADSL leds stop flashing for a short time (stay on) every minute or so then start flashing again, it does not connect. debuging ATM does not show anything

anybody got any ideas??

here is the ATM part of the config

interface ATM0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

dsl operating-mode auto

pvc 8/35

encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer

dialer pool-member 1

!

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Cisco 837 won't connect to ADSL

Hello,

you could try and change the dsl operating mode to ansi-dmt, and see if that makes a difference. Can you post the entire configuration of the router ?

Regards,

GP

tried that made no-difference, the ADSL leds stay hard on for a few seconds then start flashing fast again, I am beginning to suspect H/W as i can connect a linksys ADSl router and it comes straight up,

please find enclosed the config

Highlighted

i have fixed my own problem, taking the 837 to another site and connecting it to the ADSL it came up ok, so must be a dodgey line at the other site.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content