cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837

dkblee
Level 1
Level 1

I issued a "erase start" command on my cisco 837 router. After that i'm not able to telnet/hyper terminal to the router now. Will this erase start erase off the image file? What can i do to access back the router? Thks!

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Telnet will certainly not work. However, you should be able to console into it with hyperterminal.

What happens when you open a hypterterminal session and hit enter a few times ?

Paresh

Hi!

It came out with funny characters and symbols...before i did a "erase start", i was able to telnet but the hyper terminal was the same.(with funny charatacters and symbols)

Hello,

make sure your Hyperterminal settings are 9600 (speed), 8 (databits), none (parity), 1 (stopbits), these are actually the defaults, you might want to try different speed settings, see if that makes a difference. You could also try the ´latest´ version of Hyperterminal, which you can download below.

HyperTerminal Private Edition version 6.3

http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/index.html

Regards,

GP

Hi! I've tried what you suggested, but it's still the same. Any other suggestion?

Thks!

Hi,

Are you able to try gpauwen's advice. Make sure you restore default settings on your hyperterminal. If not, you might want to try the 115200 bits per second setting...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card