cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837

edusilveira
Level 1
Level 1

My Cisco Router 837 have two virtual ethernet interfaces, ethernet 0 and ethernet 2, and more four physical fastethernets. When I configure the two interfaces, one as 192.168.2.1 and other as 192.168.4.2, my server ERP loses connectivity with IP 192.168.2.1 (ERP application have 192.168.1.120 IP address). Could you tell me what is happening? I think that Cisco 837 segments two ports at each network ( 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.4.2). What am I supposed to do to have the communication between the two networks and my erp doesn't lose the communication as well?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the 837 should not have two virtual ethernet interfaces. Please send "show diag" and "show run" to identify what you have.

Hi, don't have show diag, but in annex , the command sh run

Look:

interface Ethernet0

description Interna

ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly

hold-queue 100 out

!

interface Ethernet2

no ip address

shutdown

hold-queue 100 out

Hi,

That would be use of the "DMZ" features, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xr/dmz_port.html

When used, ethernet2 is physically connected to fasternet4.

Just make sure that router and servers connected have consistent network/mask, and you should be fine.

Please rate post if it helps!

Hi,

Thanks. How make routing between ethernet interface 1 and 2?

Best regards,

Just assign IP address, nothing else is required.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

I will make the test.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: