Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 850 Series ROMMON

I started a brief inventory of the small ISRs in our network and noticed that, while most 851s have ROMMON version 12.3(8r)YI4, there is one with 12.3(8r)YI2 and one with 12.3(8r)YI3 (those two being manufactured least two years earlier than the rest of them).

Is there any way to update them to YI4, or is the ROMMON version hardware-bound on the 850 series?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Cisco 850 Series ROMMON

I do not believe you will be able to find ROMmon for 850 in software.

Cisco 850 Series ROMMON

Indeed I cannot find any ROMMON download for the 850 series.  However, after some searching I took a closer look at the available ROMMON files for 870 - they are all labeled "C85x/C87x ROMMON Upgrade", so tomorrow I'll try finding a spare 851 at work and see what happens when trying to flash it with the latest 870 ROMMON...

Cisco 850 Series ROMMON

hi,

i've only updated ROMMON on an 1841. not sure for the 800 series.

try using tftpdnld or upgrade rom-monitor from priv exec mode.

Cisco 850 Series ROMMON

I know how to update the ROMMON (I've done it a lot of times for several models), but I wasn't sure which file to use for 851 (if any).

Anyway, it seems the descriptions on Cisco's download site are accurate - I just tried C870_RM_ALT.srec.123-8r.YI6 on an 851 and there was no issue performing the update.

Views
Helpful
Replies