cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 851 as edge router

richmorrow624
Level 1
Level 1

Can a Cisco 851 handle being an edge router for a 3005 concentrator with say 20 remote users accessing a concentrator or for 5 VPN connections to a concentrator?

All the router would be acting as a pass-through, filtering with an Infrastructure access list as an additional layer to the Internet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

I am not sure if you are saying 20 remote access VPN connections and 5 site to site VPN connections or if you are indicating something else. But if you are looking for the 851 to handle routing from about 25 different remote locations to a VPN concentrator (just route packets and evaluate against an access list but not encrypt/decrypt or firewall type deep packet inspection), then I feel confident that the 851 can handle that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

I am not sure if you are saying 20 remote access VPN connections and 5 site to site VPN connections or if you are indicating something else. But if you are looking for the 851 to handle routing from about 25 different remote locations to a VPN concentrator (just route packets and evaluate against an access list but not encrypt/decrypt or firewall type deep packet inspection), then I feel confident that the 851 can handle that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card