cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 867VAE-K9 config for ADSL in AUS

light.darren
Level 1
Level 1

I've purchased a 867VAE-K9 router for use in Australia with TPG's ADSL2 service. Due to a lack of documentation and escalating frustration, I need a config to support the following:

Encapsulation: PPPoE LLC

Authentication: PAP

Modulation: ADSL2+

VPI/VCI: 8/35

I've confirmed the above verbally with the ISP and on their support page here: http://www.tpg.com.au/support/generalsetting.php

After reading various Cisco 8xx software and hardware configuration guides, I've been able to get a basic sub interface configured on ATM0 and can verify with show controller vdsl 0 that the link is sync'd and up. DSL LEDs on front panel also are solid green indicating connectivity, but no traffic is passing. Further reading and experimenting with dialer groups and interfaces seems to be the general consensus. Appreciate any assistance with this one.

Device details:

Cisco 867VAE-K9 with 234496K/26624K bytes of memory.

1 DSL controller

1 Ethernet interface

4 FastEthernet interfaces

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

1 ATM interface

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

System image file is "flash:c860vae-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M4.bin"

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No experimenting is needed, apply correct configuration and take traces if it doesn't work.

You can find both on eitehr cisco.com, or searching this forum.

Reuben Farrelly
Level 3
Level 3

It's a pretty straightforward config.  Can you post what you've got configured so far and we'll go from there?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Darren,

Have you tried searching for the configurations at Whirlpool?

light.darren
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to everyone who has replied, attached are the following files:

new 867 config.txt - a copy of running-config

new 867 logs.txt - some errors and a bit of debug output.

The pings are from a W7 laptop that is connected to a switchport on the router, Router succesfully issued IP address from the dhcp pool 'clients'. Pings from the laptop or the router to 8.8.8.8 or any external address fail. Pinging from laptop to the router are successful; pinging router to the laptop are successful.

@Leo, yeah had a good look at Whirlpool, no silver bullet there.

Message was edited by: Darren

Darren,

Go here.  I've attached a working NBN config for an 880.  It should work for you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card