Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 887 Router - Can not separate traffic

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with a scenario at work. The thing is that I need to separate public and private traffic to access internet on a Cisco 887VA router that is running on a 15.1(4)M5 IOS. Since it does not support PBR, I came up with VRF-lite. But I had no luck. The router is not configured as a modem. The modem is next hop and we are not in charge of that modem and it is connected through a link to our router.

I was just wondering if there is a way around it that I could implement a PBR-like scenario on the 887VA router? Otherwise I think I'll only have the option of replacing the router with another router that could support a simple PBR.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with that if he/she has ever came across such a situation.

Best regards

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Please see enclosed link,

Please see enclosed link, says 887VA does support PBR

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-613481.html

Hello Richard,

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your note. You were right. it supports PBR but the only interface that I can assign the Policy (ip policy route-map RMAP-NAME) is the Ethernet interface, and all my physical connections are on Fastethernet interfaces!?

can you do a quick diagram of

can you do a quick diagram of what you are trying to achieve, I take it you are using 3 interfaces, private, public and Internet?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content