Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 887 Router - Can not separate traffic

ali abbasrafi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with a scenario at work. The thing is that I need to separate public and private traffic to access internet on a Cisco 887VA router that is running on a 15.1(4)M5 IOS. Since it does not support PBR, I came up with VRF-lite. But I had no luck. The router is not configured as a modem. The modem is next hop and we are not in charge of that modem and it is connected through a link to our router.

I was just wondering if there is a way around it that I could implement a PBR-like scenario on the 887VA router? Otherwise I think I'll only have the option of replacing the router with another router that could support a simple PBR.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with that if he/she has ever came across such a situation.

Best regards

3 Replies 3

Please see enclosed link, says 887VA does support PBR

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-613481.html

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your note. You were right. it supports PBR but the only interface that I can assign the Policy (ip policy route-map RMAP-NAME) is the Ethernet interface, and all my physical connections are on Fastethernet interfaces!?

can you do a quick diagram of what you are trying to achieve, I take it you are using 3 interfaces, private, public and Internet?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card