cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 887VA DSL connection using no Authentication

Michael Caton
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure a Cisco 887VA router to connect to an Adtran 1248V DSLAM.  Currently I have a comtrend 3030 modem connected to the DSLAM in bridging mode using no PPP authentication.  It simply connects and passes traffic.

I am trying to mimic this setup using the 887VA DSL WAN interface connection to the Adtran DSLAM.  Can the 887VA connect and pass traffic on its DSL interface without requiring some sort of DSL authentication?  I want it to just start passing traffic as we own all the infrastructure I'm merely using this DSL connection as a transport mechanism. 

The Adtran DSLAM exists in one of our central office nodes and there is only copper running to some of our buildings (around 8000 feet distance).

What I need to know is can I simply set up an ADSL or VDSL connection without requiring any PAP / CHAP / (whatever) authentication?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Why don't you bridge the 887

bridge 2 protocol ieee
bridge irb
bridge 2 ip route

int atm x
bridge group 2
no ip address

int vlan 2
bridge group 2
no ip address

int bvi 2
ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
no shut

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

Why don't you bridge the 887

bridge 2 protocol ieee
bridge irb
bridge 2 ip route

int atm x
bridge group 2
no ip address

int vlan 2
bridge group 2
no ip address

int bvi 2
ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
no shut

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

I was having issues trying to write you back until I ditched IE and used Chrome! Anyway I used your suggestion and that was exactly what I was looking for thank you for the quick response it's relieving to get someone who finally understood what I was trying to explain.  

I tried setting up a TAC case and had worked on this with TAC for a week when I finally decided to just close the case due to not getting anywhere.

Thanks again

Hello

I am glad it assisted you- and thank you for the rating!

Very much appreciated

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco