Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 888 SHDSL routers back to back

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble getting two Cisco 888's to work correctly back to back.. The two routers will ultimately be used in conjunction with a BT EPS8 circuit which is effectively four wires short distance between customer sites. We have configured lots of these using the older Cisco 878's.

Anyway, as i've been struggling to get line sync on site I've gone back to basics and connected the two 888's back to back. However, I've found that no matter what I do I can only get the routers to sync at 384kbps!? And that's with a one meter RJ11-RJ11 cable.. Very strange. When we've used the 878's we get much more bandwidth. I have tried statically assigning the line rate at both ends but it still only works at 384kbps.

Has anyone seen this before? I've posted my initial configs just in case there is something i should be doing differently on the 888?

Thanks for your help

Matt

3 Replies 3

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, Just for forum completeness. I noticed that the B side router was running an older version of IOS. I upgraded both sides to 152-2.T and the issue disappeared!

Matt

Matt,

which model of 888 router are you using? We need Back-to-Back setup as well, but I found a document which mentioned that this is not supported in IOS version 152-2.T:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/qa_c67-599767.pdf

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Hi Edgar,

The document you've refered to seems to be specifically for the "Multimode" G.SHDSL Routers.. We used the standard model which worked perfectly.

CISCO888-K9

Model

WAN Port

Backup

Data
ISDN

Data
3G

888 and 888W

G.SHDSL

x

888G and 888GW