Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 892 ISR router

Hi,

I have a Cisco 892 router in which i'm not able to start the debug .i have tried doing logging console,debug icmp etc while running a continuous ping from my laptop and getting reply also for connectivity with router  but still debug is not working in router.

any suggestions?

Regards
Aateek Singh
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Aateek, By default,

Hello Aateek,

By default, Cisco IOS does not send log messages to a terminal session over IP, that is, telnet or SSH connections don’t get log messages. Console connections on a serial cable do have logging enabled by default.

You can try this:

terminal monitor

To display debug command output and system error messages for the current terminal and session, use the terminal monitor EXEC command.

terminal monitor

Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct the helpful post!

David Castro,

Regards,.

3 REPLIES

Hello Aateek, By default,

Hello Aateek,

By default, Cisco IOS does not send log messages to a terminal session over IP, that is, telnet or SSH connections don’t get log messages. Console connections on a serial cable do have logging enabled by default.

You can try this:

terminal monitor

To display debug command output and system error messages for the current terminal and session, use the terminal monitor EXEC command.

terminal monitor

Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct the helpful post!

David Castro,

Regards,.

Thank you very much dcastrof

Thank you very much dcastrof

Regards
Aateek Singh
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hello Aateek, It was a

Hello Aateek,

It was a pleaure!

Have a great week!!