Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE and VRF

vinovinom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am trying to design a network with already existing Cisco ACE modules in 6509 which needs to load balance between the severs which are behind the firewall. I just need to know how to design this scenario as I am new to design as I come from implementation background. Please advise as possible...

I got another architect describing that we need to use a Source NAT and vrf so that we can make ACEs sit logically behind the firewall with VLANs. I just need to know how about doing that ? I am new to load balancing as well.

If someone can point me to the right direction to do this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Vinoth D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vinovinom wrote:

Hi All

I am trying to design a network with already existing Cisco ACE modules in 6509 which needs to load balance between the severs which are behind the firewall. I just need to know how to design this scenario as I am new to design as I come from implementation background. Please advise as possible...

I got another architect describing that we need to use a Source NAT and vrf so that we can make ACEs sit logically behind the firewall with VLANs. I just need to know how about doing that ? I am new to load balancing as well.

If someone can point me to the right direction to do this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Vinoth D

Vinoth

If you are using VRF's then the logical choice on the ACE modules would be to use contexts and map those to a vrf. But that is only a general comment. If you are new to load-balancing/ACE modules then it could be a steep learning curve.

Regardless of the above this is really the wrong forum for this request. You would get much better help if you posted this into the "Data Center -> Application Networking" forum which is specifically about load-balancing etc..

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vinovinom wrote:

Hi All

Thanks

Vinoth D

Vinoth

If you are using VRF's then the logical choice on the ACE modules would be to use contexts and map those to a vrf. But that is only a general comment. If you are new to load-balancing/ACE modules then it could be a steep learning curve.

Regardless of the above this is really the wrong forum for this request. You would get much better help if you posted this into the "Data Center -> Application Networking" forum which is specifically about load-balancing etc..

Jon

Many thanks John ... I would post over there ...

Vinoth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card