1 x Power Supply Module

Slot 1.WS X5530-E3A Supervisor engine

WS U53534 GESX 1000 Base SX Gbit Ethernet

Slot 2.WS-X5225R 24 port 10/100BaseTx

Slot 3.WS-X5224 24 port switching module

Slot 4.WS-X5213A 10/100 MPS Fast Ethernet

switching module

Slot 5. WS-X5302 Route switch module

I am thinking of buying it for a home Lab study.

Do you think it will be a good study tool, or bad one (End of life, no support etc?)

I am hoping to be able to use this switch for routing, gig, 100meg, vlans etc in order for hands on practice for my ccna and hopefully higher exams later on?

Any advice on this purchase would be great.

Thanks,

Nathan.

Oxford UK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No sure how much you can learn with it, because it has the SUp. III that doesn't support IOS. The RSM is nice, but nothing so special about it after all. I have a similar unit installed into a customer site, it's a rock solid box and will last for too many years, but I think there are better choices for a home lab.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

No sure how much you can learn with it, because it has the SUp. III that doesn't support IOS. The RSM is nice, but nothing so special about it after all. I have a similar unit installed into a customer site, it's a rock solid box and will last for too many years, but I think there are better choices for a home lab.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for your time and advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: