Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CCIE Lab

I have 1 Cisco 2600 series router and 6 2500 series for a total of 7 routers along with 2 3560 Catalyst switches. I need to setup a CCIE Lab, can some please explain to me how to go about doing this? I need to start from the cabling, for example, how to connect the routers. I have some routing and switching experience but i am not sure how to setup my lab because i have done the CCIE course. I have completed the CCNP training and i am certified but that was a few years ago. I have some serial cables

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Lake

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lake,

Have a look at this link for the number and the type of routers you need and how it is cabled.

http://www.ine.com/topology.htm

You can use the 2600 as a BB router, but 2600 or 2500 are very old to run the IOS for the lab.  Your 3560s are good for the lab.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

yeap upgrade, one thing to do is to setup up lab per the vendor ccie workbook you intend to use, there might be a few odd things you cant do as per their lab book but you can study/prepare on other equipment in your home lab.

Lake,

The switches in the link I provided are running EMI vs SMI.  So, I would say, yes go head and upgrade to EMI.  That will give you full Layer-3 routing capabilities if you ever need to use it.

Good Luck,

Reza

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lake,

Have a look at this link for the number and the type of routers you need and how it is cabled.

http://www.ine.com/topology.htm

You can use the 2600 as a BB router, but 2600 or 2500 are very old to run the IOS for the lab.  Your 3560s are good for the lab.

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

I really appreciate your quick reply.  That is exactly what i am looking for but i have a couple more questions.

I think the 3560 switched has the basic IOS, would that be good enough or should i upgrade?

Once i have everything connected then i can start to configure the routers and setup Frame Relay?

Thanks,

Lake

yeap upgrade, one thing to do is to setup up lab per the vendor ccie workbook you intend to use, there might be a few odd things you cant do as per their lab book but you can study/prepare on other equipment in your home lab.

Lake,

The switches in the link I provided are running EMI vs SMI.  So, I would say, yes go head and upgrade to EMI.  That will give you full Layer-3 routing capabilities if you ever need to use it.

Good Luck,

Reza

I really appreciate both of your help. Now i know where to start

Thanks,

Lake

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: