Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco EPC2425 router, huge problem

so i switched to another ISP 2 months ago and i got this new cisco router.. but now i REALLY need to use IRC, internet relay client, and i can't. i tried from my sister's computer and it's exactly the same. i tried 2 irc clients, one is called mIRC other icechat, they both have the same problem - when i try to join a channel i give the command /join #channel ok? and i receive the message "OIN unknown command" that's because the command hasn't been properly sent to the server. the "j" letter was missed. other times whole commands are missed. if i do a /list to get the server's channel list. or i do "/whois alex" i get "alex unknown command" because the /whois has been missed entirely! i searched on google, i found this stuff called port forwarding and ok, this fixed a very small issue, that of the ident server which never affected me. i tried every configuration of the router - to remove firewall, to enable/disable upnp, port forwarding to all possible ports etc. NOTHING worked! and it's also 13 - i always get bad luck on 13. i really need to use irc ok? please help me!

1 REPLY

This discussion has been

This discussion has been reposted to the CSC Content with No Valid Community to Post community. 

Views
Helpful
Replies