cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PVDM 73-3741-01 information

dan695home
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 1750 (no suffix) with what I understand to be an optionally installed PVDM module (other 1750's have suffixes such as "V2" which indicate what kind of PVDM(s) came factory installed). The PVDM part number is 73-3741-01. While there is much information about various PVDM's on the Cisco site, I only found one brief reference to this part number, at www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/1700/1751/1751hig/trbshoot.htm, and that reference told me virtually nothing. I found another page on the Cisco site that discusses the 17xx routers in general, and shows how to install a PVDM in a 1751 plus lists their capabilities, then shows how to install a PVDM in a 1750 but does not say which PVDM might be installed or what might it be able to do. I have Googled the above part number and only got 3 hits, one being the above mentioned nearly useless (for my purposes at least) Cisco page. Can anyone tell me if there is an alternate part number for this item, or where I might get additional information about this specific PVDM? BTW I lack a power supply at present for the 1750 so can't query it about anything. I also Googled the other number sequences on the PVDM (one obviously being a serial number) and got nowhere. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

The PVDM houses the Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) that make the card fully functional; each voice port on a VIC requires DSP resources in order to process packet voice traffic. Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_tech_note09186a00800c3399.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card