cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router 2600 question

dwilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need a little advice: Currently I have a Cisco Router 2600, up and running with a T! interface Card to the outside world and a WAN card to the Local WAN. Currently it has XXX.XXX.65.0 through XXX.XXX.65.16 static address in use. We just asked and received another 16 static address from our internet provider, however the new ip addresses is XXX.XXX.73.0 through XXX.XXX.73.16. My question is, do I have to put in a second WAN card? Or can I (through the command line setup) add the new ip addresses, Or Both. I am not a cisco expert. Any Recommendation?

NOTE: I do have a second Cisco Router 2600 available for use, however I have only one T1 cable from the internet provider. (maybe a hub?)

Thanks

Daniel Wilson

2 Replies 2

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Use the following command on the interface

ip address x.x.73.16 secondary

The key word secondary allows for more than one address on an interface. You will also need to add routes or adjust your routing protocol to recognize the new network. If you need additional help please post your config.

Hope this helps.

Steve

panlamture
Level 1
Level 1

Solution 1:

As your SP have given xxx.xxx.73.0/28 as I guess from the above description.

The usable IP will be xxx.xxx.73.1 to xxx.xxx.73.14,

Give the command

ip address xxx.xxx.73.1 255.255.255.240 secondary

to your Local WAN interface.

Change the Local Network Ip address scheme as per your requirement.

Default getway will be xxx.xxx.73.1 for the other machines and subenet will be 255.255.255.240. and usable ip address fro the machine behine router will be xxx.xxx.73.2 to xxx.xxx.73.14.

T & R,

Pankaj

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card