Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco series 2811 router

manivelengg
Level 1
Level 1

hi

im using cisco series 2811 router.whenever im booting the cisco router,im getting the following error,

Emulating  mis-aligned load.

how to rectify this error?

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I was not able to dig up any particularly useful information about your problem. What I suggest, though, is:

• reformatting your CF card using the command format flash: in the privileged EXEC mode and downloading the IOS back as the first file to be placed on the CF card
  • upgrading to the latest stable IOS version if possible
  • possibly upgrading the ROMMON code if previous steps fail

Best regards,

Peter

Hi

pl find the workaround for your prob

CSCse99958

Symptoms: A Cisco router may fail to access a flash card after formatting it, and the following error message is generated:

*** Emulating mis-aligned load at 0x80000190

PC = 0x8001179c ... succeeded

Conditions: The symptom is observed on a Cisco 7200 series, Cisco 7301, and Cisco 7500 series that run Cisco IOS Release 12.4(10) or Release 12.4(12) and occurs only when a flash card is accessed from the ROMmon prompt.

Workaround: There is no workaround. Note that the symptom does not occur in Release 12.4(8a) or an earlier release.

regards

krishna kumar

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As your series is 2811 try to do the following things it can be due to faulty flash orimage.Reflashing it appeared not to be issue.

This type of error genrally seen in cisco 7206 series routersA Cisco router may fail to access a flash card after formatting it, and the following error message is generated:

*** Emulating mis-aligned load at 0x80000190 PC = 0x8001179c ... succeeded

check out the below link for brief description of the error hope that helps out your query !!

http://www-china.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/release/notes/124MCAVS.html

If helpful do rate the post.

Regards

Ganesh.H

Itzcoatl Espinosa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As suggested before formatting the flash could help solving the issue, if not, I strongly suggest to replace the flash card. I have seen a couple of cases where the RMA solved the problem

thanks,

Itzcoatl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: