Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco/Verizon frame-relay incompatible?!

I am having trouble connecting a 2800 with integrated T1 WIC to Verizon frame-relay service in the Chicago area. The setup is so simple I just can't imagine why it doesn't work. The Verizon techs have looked at my config and they agree that it SHOULD work. However they shipped their own Adtran router to the site, got it up and running and therefore are claiming its a Cisco problem. I have included the config because like I said, it so simple I don't know what to tweak or change.

Thanks,

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Cisco/Verizon frame-relay incompatible?!

ok i know why he cant see the LMI. Force the keepalive on the interface. Keepalives are the LMI messages on a frame-relay network.

On the serial link just say keepalive 10 and let us know if it works.

4 REPLIES
Green

Verify your encaps type.

Verify your clock source.

Can you post a "sh frame PVC" and "sh frame LMI" please.

Also post a show service-module for that interface.

Gotta know ...

Scott

I am trying to verify encaps and clock with Verizon. The output of the commands you suggested are consistent with what the Verizon tech is reporting. He says that he is not getting LMI from my side and the show frame LMI command gives no output. I guess the question is why?

Thanks,

Diego

Silver

ok i know why he cant see the LMI. Force the keepalive on the interface. Keepalives are the LMI messages on a frame-relay network.

On the serial link just say keepalive 10 and let us know if it works.

You da man!

That was it.

Thanks Scott

Thanks attrgautam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content