Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS on 800 series router

Bikas Giri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have got two router, one is cisco 892 and another is cisco 881. Both of the router have got the required memory for cisco waas. I want to enable cisco waas express on both router and test waas function. I will keep 892 router at head office and 881 router at branch. 

1. Will it work with waas express on both end ? 

2. The current wan connection is done through Vsat and the minimum latency is 600 ms. How much optimization can I get on this type of link ? 

3. When I apply waas on the wan interface at head office will other normal traffic (non waas traffic) come through the same interface ? How will it differentiate between normal and waas traffic ? 

4. If I don't make any class map will the waas work by just enabling waas on wan interface ? How ?

Regards, 

Bikas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

WAAS Express to WAAS Express is not possible

You need at least one WAAS Appliance in one end-point, if you have multiple sites, you can have express in all of them. Anyway, the requirement is one WAAS Appliance, the rest of the end-points can have WAAS express or ISR-WAAS

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

WAAS Express to WAAS Express is not possible

You need at least one WAAS Appliance in one end-point, if you have multiple sites, you can have express in all of them. Anyway, the requirement is one WAAS Appliance, the rest of the end-points can have WAAS express or ISR-WAAS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: