Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO2851 to 80Mbps internet connection

HI,

IT'S POSSIBLE TO USE A CISCO 2851 TO CONNECT TO A 80MBPS INTERNET, I'M AFFRAID THAT THE PERFORMANCE COULDN'T BE ENOUGHT TO SUPPORT THAT !!! ROUTER WILL BE RUNNING BGP.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: CISCO2851 to 80Mbps internet connection

A 2851 can't guarantee to provide 80 Mbps (duplex).

How powerful a router you'll need would depend on actual traffic bandwidth utilization, typical packet sizes, configuration of services, and how many routes your BGP will be processing.

For 80 Mbps (duplex), you might need something like a 3845 or 7200 with a G1 engine.

Depending on your feature needs, a L3 switch might also be considered.

I've attached a Cisco reference sheet which provides the preformance of many of their different routers.

Yeh 3845 would do your job, as joseph recommended it...

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

A 2851 can't guarantee to provide 80 Mbps (duplex).

How powerful a router you'll need would depend on actual traffic bandwidth utilization, typical packet sizes, configuration of services, and how many routes your BGP will be processing.

For 80 Mbps (duplex), you might need something like a 3845 or 7200 with a G1 engine.

Depending on your feature needs, a L3 switch might also be considered.

I've attached a Cisco reference sheet which provides the preformance of many of their different routers.

Yeh 3845 would do your job, as joseph recommended it...

Views
Helpful
Replies