Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco827 Routers Software Configuration Guide, HELP ME!

ios12.2(T15).8

The show interface command displays a line that reads "Full User Help is Disabled"

Question

How to inable Full User Help Support on the Cisco827 Adsl Pots Router?

It is not listed in the doc that came with the router!

Mark

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco827 Routers Software Configuration Guide, HELP ME!

Mark

I believe that it is probably a show line command where you saw this rather than a show interface command. If you want to change this go into configuration mode, line vty mode, and use the command full-help.

I configured it on a router (not a 827 but it should work the same on all routers) and it certainly changes the message to indicate that full help is enabled. I compared the help on the full-help machine with a standard machine and I am not seeing any difference in what help offers. I get the same list of commands when I use ? and if I start a command and ask for help about parameters I get the same info on both machines.

Try it on your router and let us know if it makes any difference.

[edit] After my initial post I found the command in the command reference. The command reference indicates that using full help will give help for a wider range of commands. But when I configured it and tested it I did not find a difference.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content