Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear the AUX line, reverse telnet session starts again

jasonsalomons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a rollover cable between two 3925 routers (AUX->Console) whilst I am remotely configuring a device.

I have setup reverse telnet to get access to the device needing configuration and when I try and reconnect through the Aux port again, I get an error:

Trying 192.168.1.1, 2001 ...

% Connection refused by remote host

The first time it connected without issues. If I check with who and sh line I find that the session is still idle.

I've tried to clear it with clear line aux 0, and clear line 1 which I confirm it clears it, but all that happens is the idle timer starts from 0 again.I've changed the exec-timeout to 1 minute, and after a minute the counter starts again.

Also I tried to remove the transport input telnet to break the session but its still not disconnecting.

Line       User       Host(s)              Idle       Location

1 aux 0                idle                 00:00:11  

*578 vty 0     jason      idle                 00:00:00 10.1.1.1

line aux 0

exec-timeout 1 0

transport output all

transport input telnet

stopbits 1

Currently running: c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-2.T4.bin

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

Can you actually configure your AUX 0 with no exec command? In this case, you do not want to run shell on this aux port whenever a newline comes from the attached device.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

Can you actually configure your AUX 0 with no exec command? In this case, you do not want to run shell on this aux port whenever a newline comes from the attached device.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the command, it worked a treat!

Regards,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card