Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Clearing frame relay PVCs

i am tryibg to rebuild my lab from scratch but i acnnot seem to permanently get rid of the frame relay PVCs that i configured before. I have tried erasing the startup config and reloading. As soon as i configure new DLCIs, the old PVCs show up when issue a show frame pvc or map.

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: Clearing frame relay PVCs

The old PVCs will persist until you reboot / reload the router.

The old ones won't affect anything, so you can delete and add as you wish and re-boot as convienience provides.

Good Luck

Scott

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Scott

As I read the original post I believe that he has already reloaded the router but the PVCs/DLCIs keep coming back.

My theory is that the old values come back because whatever he is connected to as Frame Relay switch is still advertising the old values through the LMI. One way to verify this would be to debug frame-relay lmi and watch for what DLCIs are advertised to the router from the Frame Relay switch.

HTH

Rick

Bronze

Rick,

I am sure you are right on this. On our production Sprint frame-relay network, when we've made changes, DLCI's don't go away until Sprint kills them from their end - they still appear in 'sh fr pvc' until then.

John

Hall of Fame Super Silver

John

Thanks for the confirmation of my interpretation. It is good to hear from the voice of experience on matters like this.

HTH

Rick

Bronze

[smile]

Views
Helpful
Replies