Views
Helpful
Replies

Clearing IP route learned via EIGRP

raju
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How to clear the routes learned via EIGRP routing protocol?.

In the attached diagram, At my HQ L3-Switch, When I see the show ip route 10.22.0.0 , it displays that it learned from 128 KBPS link Router. I'm going to shut the 128 KBPS link ethernet for a while and clear the eigrp route in my HQ L3 Switch sothat it will learn the 10.22.0.0 route through my 2 MB link. I don't know when I bring up the 128 KBPS Router , it will again switchover to 128 K link or not.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,

Raju

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Raju,

EIGRP will always converge to the shortest route to any destination. If the route through the 128k link is currently the shortest (in terms of metric), when you bring up the link again after it has been down, it will once again revert to this link. That is assuming that you don't change anything else in the meantime.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Thanks Paresh. You did not answer for first part of question. How to clear the route enrties learned via EIGRP protocol?.

Regards....

Hi Raju,

You do not need to do anything to clear the route. EIGRP will detect that the interface has gone down and will immediately start looking for an alternate route. That is one of the advantages of using a *dynamic* routing protocol; it works dynamically !

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

have u tryied by using bandwidth command on both the interfaces & setting the bandwidth accordingly

sujohnm
Level 1
Level 1

Raju,

Has this worked for you yet. clear the eigrp table with a "clear ip eigrp nei". When you bring back the 128 Kb/s link, this will show in the eigrp topplogy table as a Feasible Successor if you do a "show ip eigrp top". The lower cost link will be primary and should be the "only" route in your routing table. If not let me know with your configs or try using ip precedence / policy routing to ensure this, but if your config is correct, you won't need this.

All the best,

Sujohn

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card