Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

clock source

Hi,

I would really appreciate if one of you can answer or clarify this for me.

-We have routers set in a ring topology

-The circuits connecting the routers are unchanellized T1

-We set the router T1 controller on one end as clock source line and the other end as clock source internal.

-All 2600 routers have a WIC-2MFT-T1

So far so good, I do not see errors on the controller (no slips,etc)...

Now, a peer of mine at work is suggesting that my clocks aren't set properly because the "show network clock" command reports the following ;

show network-clocks

Network Clock Configuration

---------------------------

Priority Clock Source Clock State Clock Type

10 Backplane GOOD PLL

Current Primary Clock Source

---------------------------

Priority Clock Source Clock State Clock Type

10 Backplane GOOD PLL

Because it reports the clock source as being the backplane, he is suggesting to me that I am not in fact getting the clocking from line but rather from the internal clock ? Is that correct ? I thought that the show network clock command output rather identify the clock source related to using network-clock participate commands....and not the clock source from a T1 controler perspective (and in fact the show controller command report the proper clock source I have set with the clock source command). AM i wrong in thinking the show network clock command does not really report the T1 controller clock source ?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: clock source

The "show network-clocks", show which ports are designated as network clock sources and also displays what is configured at each priority and the current priority of the functioning clock.

The output from the "show controllers" command shows what transmit clock is configured for an interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies