cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clocking and Slip secs on T1s

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 with one VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1, one port has a data MPLS circuit and the other has a Voice PRI. I am running c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW5.bin

My PRI does not get slips but my MPLS does. How do I utilize the independant clocking for each port.

I have a few quesions from this link

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

Enhanced clocking capabilities--The 2-port MFT VWIC2s can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is """not supported for voice applications""" and not supported with the AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 module.

DOES THIS MEAN IT IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR VOICE PRIs?

Cisco IOS Image -- To run these features on T1/E1 interfaces, you must install an IP Plus or IP Voice image (minimum) of Cisco IOS Release 12.3(14)T or a later release.

DO I HAVE TO BE IN THE 12.X T, I'M USING XW TRAIN?

* Independent Clocking Mode -- The independent clocking mode is supported only on these modules:

o VWIC2-1MFT-G703

o VWIC2-2MFT-G703

o VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

o VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

To enable independent clocking mode, use the keyword independent in the clock source command.

I DO NOT SEE INDEPENDANT AS AN OPTION IN THIS ROUTER, IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE WRONG IOS?

2811(config-controller)#clock source ?

free-running Free Running Clock

internal Internal Clock

line Recovered Clock

MY CURRENT CONFIG

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/1

network-clock-select 2 T1 0/0/0

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

description QwestPRN

!

controller T1 0/0/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-10,24

HELP HELP HELP!!!

joel

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Already replied in another thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card