We have a WAN setup where a Cisco 837 (provided by ISP Carrier) sits in bridge mode acting as DSL Modem and then we connect using a crossover to our Router (Cisco 1760). Ethernet0 on 1760 and Ethernet 0/0 on the 837. fast eth 0/0 on 1760 then connects to a Cisco 2950 Switch towards the LAN.
OK... the problem is-
1. High amount of Input CRC errors on the Ethernet of 1760.
2. From the Cisco 1760, CDP sees the the 837 ethernet port as Full Duplex (this is impossible due to hardware limitation) We have diabled CDP Duplex Mismatch logging.
2. We have changed duplex to half on the 1760 ethernet, this fix the CRC errors, but now we have increasing collision on this interface.
3. 1760 does not have capability to set speed to auto-neg..
4. Increasing collison causes interface resets.. causing intermittent outages through the day..
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...