cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining T1s on a 3600 series

sflasteradexs
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings! I am looking for some help to try and temporary utilize a spare 256k T1 line with our current T1 line. I probably won't have them bound together but is there a way to have each one go into seperate T1 cards on our 3660 series and set it up for ftp traffic to just go to the 256k line?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

To do that, configure the second T1 just like the first one, except with fewer timeslots. Then, you will need to use policy-based routing to make the FTP traffic go over the 256k line only.

Note that if you are using active FTP, you will need to match on ports 20 and 21 from the server.

Here's an example of how to go about doing this:

int fast0/0

ip policy route-map FromFTPServer

!

int serial0:1

descr Primary T1

!

int serial1:1

descr 256k T1 link

!

access-list 101 permit tcp host range 20 21 any

!

route-map FromFTPServer

match ip address 101

set interface serial1:1

YOu will also need a similar setup at the other end (with ports reversed).

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

No luck at being able to configure the other end since it is a Service Provider. These measures are to help with bandwidth, any other suggestions?

Is the FTP traffic that you are interested in emanating from a server at your site ?

If that is the case, then the config I gave you should suffice since the bulk of the traffic will be in the direction from the FTP server to the service provider router...

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Yes it is at my site and I'll give it a try. Thanks for the prompt response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card