cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compact Flash in 2800 Hot Plug?

clayhawks
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having a heck of a time searching the Cisco site for any page that states definitively whether or not compact flash cards, and by inference the compact flash slot, in the 2800 series of routers is hot plug capable or not. There is a warning label on the outside of the chassis directly beneath the compact flash slot that states "Do not remove during network operation". I take that to mean during file transfers to or from the card or during boot, when the image on the card is being accessed. Can anyone point me at documentation that states it clearly one way or the other?

Thanks!

Clay

2 Replies 2

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

This document clearly states that it should never be removed during router operation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_qanda_item0900aecd80169bd6.shtml

By contrast, a similar document for the 3800 series clearly states that the compact flash is hot plugable.

Thanks. That's the document I was looking for...

Clay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card