Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Conditional OSPF route, or some other solution.

I have 2 sites, with 2 connections between them.  We are using ospf for routing.

I'd like to route all traffic except one subnet over the #1 connection and just the particular subnet over the #2 connection.

If the #2 connection fails I'd like that subnet then to be routed over the #1 connection.

I could also use Policy based routing, but then failover won't work, unless there is a some way to configure it that I don't understand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Davidt

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Conditional OSPF route, or some other solution.

You can try static route with object tracking.

Something similar to this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xe/feature/guide/dbackupx.html#wp1071672

HTH,

jerry

Cisco Employee

Re: Conditional OSPF route, or some other solution.

Hi David,

you can also play with Administrative Distance to do that. Say you prefer link#1 due to lower cost. You can increase the AD of a single prefix learned from neighbor#1 so that the traffic directed to that network will choose the second exit.

access-list 10 permit

router ospf 1

distance 111 0.0.0.0 10

will be the IP that you see after "from" in "show ip route "

This way learned from neighbor#1 will have higher AD and will be installed in the routing table only when the other link fails.

hope this helps,

Fabrizio

Views
Helpful
Replies