Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Generation Tool - WAN & LAN

Harvey khatri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if these an app for generating router switch configs? I need to generate configs for 3000+ devices? I've seen other threads on this, but most a pretty old.

Harvey

5 Replies 5

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

you can create a TCL script of that as well.

StuartR
Level 1
Level 1

Harvey,

Try this one http://www.gen-it.net

Stuart

Harvey khatri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

Thankyou for your replies.  I look at them all and just wanted to say that Stuart, your suggestion was great. I downloaded a copy of the Gen-it tool.  Naturally, the data source has to be customised to your deployment, which didn't take long but the output was fantastic. An added bonus it that it only cost $129.  Not sure why i haven't heard of this before or who developed it but it very good.  I have already used the tool to deploy my first set of configs and it has worked great. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

Thanks again stuart.    

alagu.raja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue. So i have created one Excel based file. Attached.

Instructions: (based on Cisco 2960 Layer-2 switch)

1. Before start doing,Please keep a copy of the original file since the macros are involved.

2. It has three sections

Value: This is where all your variables going in like hostname, ip address etc

Template: This is your base config file along with variables configured.

3. This very first tab- you will have to fill it manually. If you want to 10 switch configuration then you will have to fill 10 rows with information.

4. Once you filled the information in "Generate Config" Tab, click the "Generate" and then all the config will created in seperate excel sheet within the same workbook.

5. The "Export function" is currently not working correctly- But you can export from the excel sheet itself to PDF or text file.

6. The "clear" button Clears - the Contents on that "Generate Configs" Tab

7. The "list Header" will list load the variables from the "value" tab.

8. You can add more variables in the "Value" tab.

This we can use for any model switch. All we need is a Base Template for that model.

This needs lot of improvements. But i think deploying switches like 2960 or any layer-2 switch in a large amount - This is pretty easy tool without any cost!

Please let me know your comments!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card